Who Is Julia?
You might be wondering who Julia is? We named our thrift shop after Julia Morgan, one of the most prolific and important woman architects ever to work in the United States. She was the first woman licensed architect in California and designed more than 700 buildings in her long and successful career. Julia’s most iconic commission was Hearst Castle in San Simeon. She was notable for her meticulous craftsmanship, her creation of fine interior spaces, and her ability to deliver outstanding buildings within a tight budget.
Julia was a woman striving to succeed in a man’s field and relied on many women’s organizations for support over the years. Julia designed over thirty Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) buildings. In 1918, Julia Morgan proudly designed our very own YWCA in San Pedro in which we are the last standing Julia Morgan building still used as a YWCA.
Check out our video ‘Empowering Women, One Purchase At A Time’ to see how our space was transformed and brought back to life!
NEW Shop Rules to Keep You Safe
The safety of our customers and employees is extremely important to us. Our thrift shop is now open and all shoppers must comply to the below rules.
- You must wear a mask
- Practice social distancing – 6ft between each person
- If you are feeling ill or have a temperature do not enter the store
- You must enter and exit the store one person at a time following posted signs
- No sitting or loitering in store
- There are no fitting rooms or restrooms available to customers
- Customers may not bring into store their own reusable shopping bag(s)
- No food and/or beverage in the store
- No strollers-skateboards-rollerskates in store
DONATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED INSIDE THE STORE
Donation Drop Off
We are gladly accepting donations TUESDAY, FRIDAY + SATURDAY 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Donation drop off are to be made next door, there is a donation sign indicating where you can drop off items, there is stairs so if you would like to drop off around the back there’s a gate for larger items.
Can’t drop off items on designated days?
Not a problem email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.