The Second Chances is a useful, productive, voucher program meant for those in need of clothing and household items. This program is available through the YWCA of the Harbor Area’s – Julia’s Closet thrift shop during regular business hours.
This program facilitates a community outreach to those individuals and families that are in dire need of basic clothing and household items. This provides an opportunity for those that are in need of a second chance to get on their feet, we offer basic clothing items, clothing for a job interview, children’s clothing, as well as items needed in the home.
This voucher program helps support those currently in a program of assistance already to supplement a temporary situational need.
Each voucher is $25.00 (limit one per person or family of 4).
- Each SCP Participant must first Register at the YWCA of the Harbor Area – providing Photo ID – telephone number. Show enrollment into an assistance program or with a recognized/authorized organization.
- Each SCP Participant will be permitted to obtain one voucher for $25.00 every 6 months. Only in a proven emergency would a registered SCP participant be able to obtain a voucher before the 6 month period is up.
- Each SCP Participant will be given an account
- Each voucher must be redeemed at the Julia’s Closet Thrift Store.
- The vouchers are only redeemable for clothing items, household items, and children’s items as applicable.
- The voucher does not have to be spent all at once.
- A total of 15 vouchers per week or 60 vouchers per month only are available.
For more information, contact Programs at YWCA of the Harbor Area 310-547-0831 or email email@example.com.
****Subject to Change Without Notice***