The YWCA Teen Program was created to provide young girls, ages 13 – 17 years of age, with an open, welcoming environment to develop their self-confidence, improve their relationship skills, and explore career opportunities. The program empowers girls by introducing them to people, places and experiences that will expand their horizons. They are introduced to community resources and encouraged to volunteer their time and resources. The Teen Program meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., with occasional weekend outings during breaks and vacations.
- Homework help & tutoring
- Service learning opportunities
- Youth leadership development
- Participation in community events and programs
- Field trips to local attractions, museums, and educational institutions
- Career days and mentoring opportunities
- Volunteering for YWCA events and programs